Saturday, 18 January 2014

Harry Potter Party: Magical snacks

There are recipes out there to help you recreated the various foods eaten throughout the Harry Potter books, but again, sticking to my plan of not putting effort into really specific details from the books that may not be understood by the party guests, I went for fun and easy foods to which I could put a magical twist. You will notice that the snacks table features a couple of LEGO Harry Potter sets!

The Enchanted Forest of broccoli (next to Hagrid's Hut, of course)

Located behind Hargrid's hut is a giant nest of dragon's eggs. We also have a bowl of owl food (mixed nuts), and the Knight Bus is driving past a jar holding magic wands (bread sticks).
 
And what birthday party would be complete without a cake!
On special request from the Birthday Boy, a double decker Oreo cake. I am sure that the high chocolate content will be an excellent remedy for any unexpected Dementor attacks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment